Gingerbread House Felt Christmas Ornament Kit| Add a Review
What you get. . .
This kit has just about everything you need to make a sweet gingerbread house felt ornament for your Christmas tree! A gingerbread house that won't spoil and never crumbles. :-)
It's easy - so it's a great project for someone getting started with embroidery or felt appliqué. But someone just getting started might not have all the materials on hand. Here's a one-click way to get what you need for this project!
You get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Detailed instructions and lots of full-color step-by-step photos. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
- 1/2 sheet wool-blend felt (Tahitian sunset) for the gingerbread
- smaller pieces of wool-blend felt in pink, blue, green and purple for the door and candies
- 10 skeins of DMC thread in colors that exactly match the felt in the kit - for the sewing and stitching
- red and white striped yarn for the hanging loop
- pattern pre-printed on Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy - no tracing needed!
The finished ornament is about 4 inches tall.
What you need. . .
In addition to the materials in the kit, you're going to need a few other items.
You'll need. . .
- a couple of pinches of polyester fiberfill stuffing (optional - you can leave your gingerbread house flat or stuff it with a couple of cotton balls instead)
You might also want. . .
- size 8 embroidery needle
- Thread Heaven (thread conditioner that eliminates all stickiness if your Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy has been exposed to heat - awesome for those of us who tote our stitching around in a hot car)
- needle with a large eye for threading the hanging loop