Halloween Trick or Treat Bag Pattern| Add a Review
What You Get
- full-sized PDF pattern for three different bags – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 yard medium or heavy weight fabric for each bag
- white fabric for the eyes
- black buttons (Frank needs 2 x 3/8 inches, Monster needs 3 x 1/2 inch and 2 x 3/16 inch, Bag of Eyeballs needs 24 in assorted sizes)
- fusible adhesive
- sewing machine, thread, basic sewing tools
- a couple of hours for Frank or Monster, an extra hour for the Bag of Eyeballs
SizeIt's 9 inches tall, 8 inches wide and 4 1/2 inches deep. That's exactly the size of a small shopping bag from Anthropologie - in case you were wondering. :-)
These trick or treat bags are very easy to sew. The bag construction is all straight line sewing and the applique technique is the easiest one there is - applique with fusible adhesive. And the pattern has links to videos teaching you every skill you'll need. You can make these! And yes – like everything at Shiny Happy World – you can sell items you make with this pattern, as long as you are making them yourself.
In case you were wondering about the Bag of Eyeballs - it was inspired by a little sketch my daughter drew a few years ago. I thought it was a jar of pebbles (we were shoveling a lot of gravel at the time). Jo informed me (oh so casually) that it was actually a jar of eyeballs. Eeewwww! And also awesome! Happy Halloween!