Mix & Match Monsters Craftsy Class
What you get
You don't just get a pattern with this purchase - you get access to a full online class through the amazing Craftsy platform.
(The Buy Now button will take you to the Craftsy website to complete the purchase. Shiny Happy World coupons won't work on this purchase - but if Craftsy is having a sale you'll automatically get the sale price.)
It includes the pattern for this quilt PLUS 6 video lessons teaching you everything you'll need to know to do any appliqué project using fusible adhesive. The lessons are available any time day or night - and they never expire so you can watch them again and again. And there's an easy way to ask me any questions you might have along the way!
You Get. . .
- A PDF file with all the appliqué patterns used in the quilt - 24 pages of mix & match monster parts! The pieces are full size so there’s no enlarging needed. (If you're not sure what a PDF file is, you'll find all the info you need here.)
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing!
- A video lesson showing what Quilt As You Go is and how to do it.
- A video lesson showing the basics of using fusible adhesive.
- A video lesson showing how to play with and assemble the monster parts
- Lessons about choosing fabrics, what kinds of adhesive I use, and more.
- Video lessons showing how to work with specialty fabrics like fleece, fur, satin and shiny tissue lamé.
- Video lessons showing lots of different ways to add 3D embellishments to your quilt, like googly eyes, flappy ears, springy curls, and more.
- Video lessons showing two different ways to add sashing to your QAYG quilt.
- A video lesson showing how to assemble, and quilt your finished project.
Each block finishes at 10" square. The class includes sample layouts for the following sizes. . .
- crib (50" square)
- napping (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- twin (70" x 90")
I designed this quilt to teach appliqué – so it’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cuddly (and super silly) monster quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine.
What You Need
You'll need. . .
Want easy peasy fabric shopping?
Crib Size (50" square)
- 2 1/8 yards of a variety of background fabrics (I used bright solids)
- assorted prints in monster colors (get at least 4 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 2 1/2 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in monster colors (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 4 5/8 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in monster colors (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive - I recommend Lite for quilts and Featherlite for clothing