Woodland Critters Craftsy Class
What you get
You don't just get a pattern with this purchase - you get access to a full online class through the amazing Craftsy platform.
(The Buy Now button will take you to the Craftsy website to complete the purchase. Shiny Happy World coupons won't work on this purchase - but if Craftsy is having a sale you'll automatically get the sale price.)
It includes the pattern for this quilt PLUS 7 video lessons teaching you everything you'll need to know to do any appliqué project using fusible adhesive. The lessons are available any time day or night - and they never expire so you can watch them again and again. And there's an easy way to ask me any questions you might have along the way!
You Get. . .
- A PDF file with all the appliqué patterns used in the quilt - all 12 animals, the trees and mushrooms and the alphabet! The pieces are full size so there’s no enlarging needed. (If you're not sure what a PDF file is, you'll find all the info you need here.)
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto fusible adhesive. No tracing! Every piece is labeled so it’s easy to assemble after you’ve cut it all apart.
- A video lesson showing what Quilt As You Go is and how to do it.
- A video lesson showing the basics of using fusible adhesive.
- Video lessons showing how to assemble each animal.
- Video lessons showing how to outline stitch all the applique pieces - including lessons on using diffferent thread weights and decorative stitching.
- Lessons about choosing fabrics, what kinds of adhesive I use, and more.
- A video lesson showing how to applique on knit fabrics - perfect for adding applique to a T-shirt or a baby's onesie.
- A video lesson showing how to trim your blocks, assemble, baste, quilt and bind your finished project.
Each block finishes at 10" square. The class includes sample layouts for the following sizes. . .
- crib (50" square)
- napping (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- twin (70" x 90")
I designed this quilt to teach appliqué – so it’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cuddly woodland critters quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine.
What You Need
You'll need. . .
Want easy peasy fabric shopping?
Crib Size (50" square)
- 2 1/8 yards of a variety of background fabrics (I used green batiks)
- assorted prints in animal colors (get at least 4 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 2 1/2 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in animal colors (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 4 5/8 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in animal colors (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive - I recommend Lite for quilts and Featherlite for clothing