More Playful Puppies Quilt Pattern
You love dogs?
Big dogs, little dogs, shaggy dogs, fluffy dogs, sleek dogs - I love them all. Even shedding dogs!
Get ready to jump into the ultimate puppy-lovin' quilt pattern and spend some quality time creating adorable dog faces. (I have been known to murmur, "Who's a good dog? You are!" to my pups as I finish them.)
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper or fusible adhesive sheets. No shipping costs and no waiting!
With detailed instructions, step by step photos, and video tutorials, this versatile pattern is easy enough for beginners. Use it to make quilts, pillows, wall hangings, tote bags and more!
Perfect for dog people of all ages!
You get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- SVG files for use with electric cutting machines
- 21 cute puppy appliqué patterns – full size so there’s no enlarging needed
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing! Every piece is labeled so it’s easy to assemble after you’ve cut it all apart.
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for crib, nap and twin sized quilts - plus links to more info for additional sizes.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
Are you a new quilter?
I've got you covered. The fourteen puppies you see on the cover are designed especially for beginners.
For each pup you get. . .
a full-sized placement guide like this:
. . . full-sized pattern pieces - reversed and exploded so you can print directly onto fusible adhesive sheets, like this:
. . . and a video showing you how to assemble the pieces.
You also get a link to download an SVG file for use with electric cutting machines like Cricut.
Want to stretch your design skills a tiny bit?
Move on to the additional seven dogs.
These dogs are all made with the templates from the main fourteen, so their placement guides look like this.
You get the placement page, which tells you which pattern pieces to use, and you also get a video showing how the pieces go together.
Want to stretch your design skills even more?
Create your own! Remix all the pattern pieces to create dogs for which I didn't include a placement guide and videos. All the pieces in this pattern also work with the pieces in the Playful Puppies pattern. Between the two patterns you'll have the pieces you need to create all but the weirdest-looking dogs. :-)
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- crib (50" square)
- napping (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- twin (70" x 90")
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
If you're making a quilt in one of my standard sizes, here are recommended fabric amounts needed.
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 7 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
You'll find materials lists for additional quilt sizes here.
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive (if using my favorite appliqué with fusible adhesive technique) - I use Heat & Bond Lite for all my quilts
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may not use the designs in the pattern to create and sell an embroidery pattern, or acrylic templates of all the pieces in the pattern.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make pillows which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to sew those pillows, or if you want to have the design printed on fabric that you sew into pillows, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org
In this pattern you get templates and placement guides for the following breeds. . .
French Bulldog (also works for Boston Terrier)
English Cocker Spaniel
English Springer Spaniel
Portuguese Water Dog
Poodle (both standard and toy)
Shih Tzu (also works for the Havanese)
The Playful Puppies pattern includes the following breeds. . .
- American Cocker Spaniel
- Australian Shepherd
- Basset Hound
- Belgian Malinois
- Bernese Mountain Dog
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Chesapeake Bay Retriever
- German Shepherd
- German Shorthaired Pointer
- Rhodesian Ridgeback
- Shetland Sheepdog (also works for Rough Collie)
- Shina Inu
- Siberian Husky
- Yorkshire Terrier (also works for West Highland White Terrier)