Franklin the Fat Cat softie pattern| Add a Review
What you get
Meet Franklin - the most popular softie pattern in the whole Shiny Happy World.
He's a cat.
A fat, huggable cat.
A fat, huggable cat who's really easy to make - great for beginners!
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make your own huggable fat cat – from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It’s a workshop in a pattern!
9 1/2 inches tall (not counting his ears) and 8 1/2 inches wide (not counting his paws). He's the perfect size for hugging. :-)
Easy! Nice big pieces that are easy to work with, gentle curves, nothing fussy. If you can use your sewing machine, you can make this adorable, huggable cat.
What You Need
You'll Need. . .
- 1/3 yd. fleece fabric (Cuddle Fleece will make an exceptionally soft cat)
- embroidery thread for face (optional - 2 12mm safety eyes for the large face or 2 6mm safety eyes for the small face)
- 1 cup plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
- polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)