Freddie the Tiny Teddy Bear| Add a Review
What you get
Meet Freddie! He's a tiny doll-sized teddy bear - perfect for snuggling up with any of the Dress Up Bunch dolls. Freddie is all hand-sewn. That makes him a perfect little project for carrying around in your purse so you can do a little stitching anywhere you need to wait: dentist office, scout meetings, soccer practice - you know what I'm talking about. :-)
You Get. . .
- A digital PDF pattern delivered by email. If you're not sure what that means, you can find more info here.
- A full-sized pattern – no enlarging needed
- Detailed instructions with lots and lots of step-by-step photos - you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right
- Links to videos teaching you every skill you’ll need to make your own tiny teddy
He's about 5 inches tall, an excellent size for hugging - if you're a doll. :-) Look how cute he is in the photos, snuggled up with his doll and softie friends! He's a good size for American Girl dolls too. He'd also make a nice Christmas tree ornament or gift topper - just add a hanging loop.
Easy! You're going to love this one! Freddie uses just two super simple stitches to make - whipstitch and backstitch. Those stitches are so easy I teach them to kids as young as six. Seriously - cutting the pieces out is harder than sewing this guy up. You can do it! :-)
What You Need
You'll need. . .
- 1/2 sheet wool felt for the body (I used Tahitian Sunset)
- scraps of wool felt for the nose and belly (I used Black and Copper)
- black embroidery thread for the face
- matching embroidery thread for the felt
- polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional - but I love being able to skip the tedious tracing)
- embroidery needle