Herbie Hound - felt dog softie pattern
What you get+-
Make this adorable dog with his ukulele - all hand sewn from felt! It's super easy. :-) It only uses a few basic stitches and the pattern includes links to videos teaching you how to do them!
He stands on his own, so he works great as a centerpiece on a table. Maybe for a birthday party! He looks great displayed in a group with the rest of the Party Animals. :-)
You Get. . .
- A digital PDF pattern delivered by email. Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy! (If you're not sure what a PDF is or how digital patterns work, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Herbie, his Hawaiian shirt, shorts, party hat, and ukulele. No need to enlarge anything!
- A detailed pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
8 inches tall (not counting his party hat)
Easy! He uses only a few of the most basic embroidery stitches.
The Herbie the Hound softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
What You Need+-
You'll need. . .
- wool felt (1 sheet of pumpkin spice, less than 1 sheet each of Tahitian sunset, banana cream, ragtime blue, black, and blue bayou)
- matching embroidery thread (I used DMC #922, 3858, 726, 823, 310, 3846, and 775)
- two 4.5 mm safety eyes
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- four 3/8″ clear buttons for joints
- 3 1/4" blue buttons for the shirt
- a popsicle stick
- 2 4" pipe cleaners and 1 6" pipe cleaner
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Heaven
Spend some pleasant handwork time making this sweet hound dog for someone you love. :-)