Orville the Owl Softie sewing pattern| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Meet Orville the Owl! He's very easy to make - a great pattern for beginners. Even beginners who just unpacked their first sewing machine!
You Get. . .
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make your own easy owl – from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It’s a workshop in a pattern!
8 1/2 inches across and roughly 7 inches tall (height can be adjusted as you make it)
Super easy! I designed this Orville the Owl softie pattern for a Harry Potter Camp I taught. I needed to be able to make it with 20 kids - most of whom had never used a sewing machine before. They did a fabulous job! Every kid made an owl he or she loved! It's so easy my daughter (age 8) made the blue one you see on the cover. :-) Now you can make one too! This is a great first pattern to try if you want to get started making softies.
What You Need
You'll Need. . .
- scraps of fabric for owl front and back - if you use fat quarters you'll have leftovers
- scraps of felt for eye circles
- buttons for eyes - I used 7/8" buttons but you could go bigger or smaller. Use what you have!
- scrap of felt for beak (optional)
- polyester fiberfill stuffing