Roy the Rainbow Monster - crochet amigurumi pattern| Add a Review
What You Get
Who doesn’t love rainbows? And seriously… who can resist that tooth?
Roy, the Rainbow monster, is crocheted with leftover scraps of yarn! He’s a great stash buster :)
You can also use a variegated yarn… and he’ll look totally adorable without you needing to change colors!
Roy measures 11” tall when completed with worsted weight yarn, but can be made bigger or smaller by using thicker or thinner yarn!
To complete this pattern, you’ll need:
- Size H (5.0mm) hook, or size to get a nice-looking fabric
- 240 yards of yarn (either scraps, total or variegated)
- A couple yards of black yarn
- A pair of 12mm plastic craft eyes
- Polyester stuffing
- Tapestry needle
- 1x1 inch square of white felt
- Craft glue
This cutie is an intermediate-level pattern that requires basic crochet skills.
You’ll need to:
- single crochet
- change colors (if using scraps)
- join pieces by crocheting together (video link included)
This pattern is a pdf that contains progress photos of all the important steps, so you won’t get lost!
This pattern includes instructions for making a ‘random monster’ (photo with Stacey holding Roy) and a ‘matching stripes monster’ (main photo). The exact color change counts (for the matching stripes monster) depends on the number of colors you are using!