Winter Wear for the Dress Up Bunch| Add a Review
What you get
When the weather turns chilly, dolls need some cold weather gear to keep them toasty warm! The Winter Wear collection includes patterns for the coat, hat and boots - everything a rag doll needs to play outside in the winter.
The boots have no fussy closures. They're big enough to just smoosh the feet in there, and fitted enough so they don't fall off during play.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for the coat, hat and boots. No need to enlarge anything!
- Detailed instructions and lots of full-color step-by-step photos. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Please note - this pattern is just for the outfit and accessories. None of the dolls you see in the photos are included. All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
The coat and boots will fit everyone in the Dress Up bunch (dolls are 17 inches tall). The hat will fit all the humans, Spot the Dog and Pip the Cat, but not Squeak the Mouse or Meep the Monster because their heads are a different shape.
Super easy! Felt is such a breeze to work with and there are just a few pattern pieces. No separate sleeves, no facings, no hems. Easy! You don't even need to use your sewing machine!
What You Need
You'll need. . .
- 3 sheets of wool felt for the coat and hat (I used Babbling Brook green)
- 1 sheet of wool felt for the boots (I used Coffee)
- one 9mm snap (I like these cute colored snaps, but you could substitute a button instead)
- embroidery thread to match the felt
- contrasting embroidery thread for the birds (optional)
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (if you're going to embroider the bird)
- size #8 embroidery needle