Taylor Turtle Applique Pattern
What you get+-
Meet Taylor Turtle!
This cute turtle applique pattern is the perfect addition to any project! Whether you're making a quilt or looking to add a touch of whimsy to a blanket, pillow, or even a garment, this adorable turtle design is sure to bring a smile to your face.
Featuring easy-to-follow instructions and a full-sized template pieces, this pattern is suitable for beginners and experienced crafters alike. The finished applique is designed for a 10-inch quilt block, making it easy to resize for a wide variety of projects.
This pattern includes detailed instructions with step by step photos and videos, so you'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing it right.
There's also a link to a free workshop teaching how to make a quilt using Quilt As You Go and applique with fusible adhesive. You can work through the lessons using any applique pattern - including this one - and make a quilt any size you like!
With its sweet and playful design, this turtle applique pattern is sure to become a favorite in your collection. So why wait? Add a little bit of cuteness to your next project!
Buy any four individual block applique patterns, get the fifth free. Discount is applied automatically. Find all the individual block patterns here.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full sized applique pattern so there’s no enlarging needed
- Reversed and exploded appliqué pattern to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing!
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Video showing how to assemble the block from start to finish.
- Links to additional videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project.
- Links to additional patterns (free ones!) for finished projects you can make using your turtle pattern.
The block finishes at 10" square.
I designed this pattern to teach appliqué – so it’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cute turtle block.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
In the photos you'll see turtles made in lots of different colors - including a bunch of cuties made by members of the Funny Faces Quilt Block of the Month Club!
What You Need+-
You'll need. . .
For a single block you'll just need an 11" square of fabric and some scraps for the applique. You'll also need a sheet of fusible adhesive. I use Heat & Bond Lite for all my quilts.
If you're making a quilt in one of my standard sizes, here are recommended fabric amounts needed.
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 7 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (if you choose the machine appliqué with freezer paper technique) – either a roll from the grocery store, or this printable freezer paper