Dinosaur Quilt Pattern
What You Get+-
Make a cuddly quilt full of adorable dinosaurs stomping through a prehistoric landscape!
YOU GET. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Patterns for nine different dinosaurs and an assortment of landscape details - clouds, volcanoes and mix & match plants.
- Full sized applique patterns so there’s no enlarging needed
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing!
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for crib, nap and twin sized quilts.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- crib (50" square)
- napping (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- twin (70" x 90")
Easy! It’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cute and cuddly dinosaur quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
Order now and get the pattern instantly! You could be making some romping and stomping dinosaurs right away!
(As soon as your purchase is complete you'll go to a window where you can download the pattern immediately. You'll also receive an email with a download link within a few minutes. If you don't get the email within an hour, please check your spam/junk/trash folders.)
What You Need+-
I used fabric from several different bundles for this quilt.
- The background blocks are Blue Batiks and Green Batiks.
- The dinosaurs are made with the Dots fat quarter bundles, with some scraps from the Rainbow Brights and Warm Neutrals tossed in for spikes and frills and many of the landscape elements.
- The sashing and binding is Dinosaur Skeletons. (Sorry - that fabric has been discontinued now and I can't get it any more. You can use any small-scale dinosaur novelty print.)
- The backing is midnight blue cuddle fleece.
See the last photo for another fabric combo with a very different look!
YOU'LL NEED. . .
Crib Size (50" square)
- 1 1/4 yard each of blue and green background fabrics (2 1/4 yards total for solid backgrounds)
- at least 5 fat quarters for dinosaurs (you may want more for variety)
- 3/4 yard for sashing
- 2 1/2 yards for backing (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard for binding
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 1 5/8 yard each of blue and green background fabrics (2 3/4 yards total for solid backgrounds)
- at least 7 fat quarters for dinosaurs (you may want more for variety)
- 3/4 yard for sashing
- 4 yards for backing (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard for binding
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 2 3/4 yards each of blue and green background fabrics (5 1/4 yards total for solid backgrounds)
- at least 13 fat quarters for dinosaurs (you may want more for variety)
- 1 1/2 yards for sashing
- 5 yards for backing (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard for binding
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive (if using my favorite appliqué with fusible adhesive technique) - I recommend Lite for quilts and Featherlite for clothing
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT. . .
- freezer paper (if you choose the machine appliqué with freezer paper technique) – either a roll from the grocery store, or this printable freezer paper
Love the pattern...will be buying more from you! Many thanks...
I absolutely loved making this quilt for my grandson. I machine embroidered each name of the dinosaur above the appliqued design so we played a game of where is T-rex and and where is Stegosaurus, and he loved to point out and get right each one. So very cute and playful. I would 100% say this is one of my all time favourites.
Teri (from GB).
Just started on this quilt today. Great pattern with lots of links to ‘how to’tutorials. Very clear instructions and tips. Loving this
Love how the pieces are so easy to use by having them given in reverse and “exploded,” as Wendy calls it. This is my 4th Wendy pattern and will definitely order another.
This is the best SHW pattern ever. The volcano’s, trees, clouds, and rocks make it so cute. The dinosaurs are are perfect for a small child. Mine go to Project Linus.
Love making these.