Elephant Parade Quilt Pattern| Add a Review
What you get
Elephants! So many cute elephants!
Make a cuddly elephant quilt in your favorite colors!
The pattern includes pieces for the elephant body, the ear and tail, and optional blanket and headpiece. You can add the accessories or leave them off or mix them up and make blocks all four ways! (See the photos for all the possibilities.)
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full sized applique patterns (left and right facing elephants are both included) so there’s no enlarging needed
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing!
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for crib, nap and twin sized quilts.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- crib (50" square)
- napping (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- twin (70" x 90")
I designed this quilt to teach appliqué – so it’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cute and cuddly elephant quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
What You Need
You'll need. . .
Blue and pink fabric bundles are in the shop now. Each bundle contains the fabric for the background blocks AND the appliques AND the binding. You just need to add backing fabric. I used the Beautiful Blues bundle for my sample quilt. You can get the Pretty Pinks bundle here.
If you want to buy other colors, the amounts needed are as follows. . .
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in elephant colors (get at least 7 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in elephant colors (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints in elephant colors (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive (if using my favorite appliqué with fusible adhesive technique) - I recommend Lite for quilts and Featherlite for clothing
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (if you choose the machine appliqué with freezer paper technique) – either a roll from the grocery store, or this printable freezer paper