Napoleon the Mouse
Meet Napoleon. He's a very small mouse - with a very big heart.
Settle in for a bit of hand-sewing with lovely wool felt. Stitching wool felt is a joy - a total delight for the eyes and the fingers.
Plus - hand-sewing is portable. Take it with you to soccer games, Girl Scout meetings, you name it. It's also faster than you think.
You can stitch up Napoleon just a couple of hours!
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Napoleon - all laid out to print (or trace) onto freezer paper - no need to enlarge anything.
- Full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Napoleon is just under 3 inches tall. He points his nose up in the air to make himself seem taller, but it doesn’t really work.
Easy! Appropriate for beginners and kids. Can you whipstitch? Then you can do this! (Not sure if you can whipstitch? The pattern includes a link to a video showing how - and I teach the stitch to kids as young as 3. You can totally do it!)
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You need. . .
- scraps of hydrangea, white and shocking pink wool blend felt
- matching embroidery thread (DMC #3835, white and #603)
- black embroidery thread, 2 small beads, or 2 4.5 mm safety eyes
- fiberfill stuffing
- three American pennies (or other small coins)
You might also want. . .
- Printable Freezer Paper (optional - but I love it for easy printing of the pattern with no tracing)
- size #8 embroidery needle
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make ornaments which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to die cut all the felt pieces, or attach all the hanging loops, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com