Meet the Oddballs and get ready to settle in for a bit of hand-sewing with lovely wool felt.
It's faster than you think. If you skip the French knot warts you can stitch up the basic Oddball in just 2-3 hours!
Who are the Oddballs?
Byron is a warty little fellow with a sweet soul. He's ready to give you his heart. (It's warty too.)
Mimi loves reading books and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but she LIVES for ballet.
Floyd's favorite time of day is bedtime - as long as he has his teddy bear, his blankie and his bunny slippers. And as long as you promise to read him THREE stories.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for the Oddball and all the accessories shown - no need to enlarge anything.
- A 10-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You'll never feel lost or wonder if you're doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
The finished softies are 8 inches tall and they stand on their flat-bottomed feet with no props or other assistance. Cool!
Easy! Appropriate for beginners and kids. Can you whipstitch? Then you can do this! (Not sure if you can whipstitch? The pattern includes a link to a video showing how - and I teach the stitch to kids as young as 3. You can totally do it!)
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll need. . .
- one sheet of felt for each Oddball (Byron is periwinkle. Mimi is ocean kelp. Floyd is denim.)
- scraps of felt for the accessories
- matching embroidery thread, plus black or very dark brown (DMC #3371) for the faces
- stuffing (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
- plastic pellets (I use Fairfield Poly Pellets)
You might also want. . .
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy - especially if you're going to make Byron and want the placement of all the French Knots marked
- Printable Freezer Paper - if you just want easy printing of the patterns with no tracing
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Magic
- the free pattern for the Easter Eggstras - bunny ears and a fancy egg
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make softies which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to die cut all the felt pieces for you, or want to manufacture kits for this design, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org