What you get+-
Meet Rhonda Rhino! She brought a pretty balloon to the party. It's on a wrapped pipe cleaner string so it's flexible and sways in the breeze - just like a real balloon!
She'd make a great birthday gift for a friend - or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
You Get. . .
A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.) Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy!
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Rhonda, her dress, party hat and balloon. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 16-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Rhonda is 8 inches tall (not counting her party hat). And she stands easily on her flat feet with no props or other help. You can stand her in the middle of a table!
Easy! Much easier than it looks, and totally appropriate for beginners. It uses simple stitches and the pattern includes links to videos showing you how to do all of them. Rhonda the rhino softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
What You Need+-
You'll need. . .
- 1 sheet of felt for Rhonda (I used Love Bug Blue. You can buy the lovely wool-blend felt I use here.)
- smaller pieces of felt for the dress, hat and balloon (I used Grape Jelly, Fuchsia, Grass Skirt and Blue Bayou)
- embroidery thread to match the felt (I used DMC #807, 550, 907, 601, 3846, 726 and white)
- 2 4.5mm safety eyes
- 1 pipecleaner
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 8 American pennies or other small coins
- 4 3/8″ buttons