Woodland Critters Quilt Pattern
This applique quilt pattern features adorable animal faces that will bring a touch of whimsy to any bedroom, nursery or living room. Forest animals work everywhere!
The pattern includes instructions for fourteen different animals:
Each animal has its own unique personality, with sweet facial expressions and charming details. And there's a video showing how to assemble each block!
The pattern also includes templates and instructions for four trees and six mushrooms, and a link to a free alphabet pattern so you can further personalize your project.
The appliques are easy to cut out and attach to your quilt using fusible adhesive, making this a great project for quilters of all skill levels. The finished quilt will be a treasured addition to a woodland or forest themed nursery, and a gorgeous addition to a cabin or home in the woods.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper or fusible adhesive sheets. No shipping costs and no waiting!
You get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized animal, tree, and mushroom appliqué patterns – so there’s no enlarging needed (plus alternate layouts using this free alphabet pattern)
- SVG files for use with electric cutting machines
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing! Every piece is labeled so it’s easy to assemble after you’ve cut it all apart.
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for six quilt sizes.
- Videos showing the assembly of each block - both with and without a lightbox.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- Itty Bitty Baby (30 inches square)
- Crib (50" square)
- Nap (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- Twin (70" x 90")
- Queen (80" x 100")
- King (100" x 100")
This post has more info about the fabric needed for each size - Quilt Sizes and Supplies Needed.
I designed this quilt to teach appliqué – so it’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cute and cuddly woodland critters quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
If you're making a quilt in one of my standard sizes, here are recommended fabric amounts needed.
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 7 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
You'll find materials lists for additional quilt sizes here.
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive (if using my favorite appliqué with fusible adhesive technique) - I use Heat & Bond Lite for all my quilts
Want to skip the applique and make a cheater quilt instead? Get that fabric here.
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may not use the designs in the pattern to create and sell an embroidery pattern, or acrylic templates of all the pieces in the pattern.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make pillows which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to sew those pillows, or if you want to have the design printed on fabric that you sew into pillows, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com