Maxwell Monster Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
Maxwell is a very friendly monster. Just look at that goofy underbite grin!
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly. No shipping costs and no waiting! (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
Maxwell measures about 13 inches tall when completed with a worsted weight yarn.
Want a bigger or smaller monster? Use thicker or thinner yarn and a larger or smaller hook!
Maxwell is an intermediate level pattern, best tackled if you've already made one or two amigurumi.
These are the skills you'll need. . .
- single crochet
- attaching limbs and other parts
- crocheting standing legs
- surface crochet with eyelash yarn
- crocheting one stitch below
Don't worry - the PDF pattern has links to videos teaching you all the skills you'll need! And it contains progress photos of all the important steps so you won’t get lost. :-)
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll need. . .
- crochet hook (size determined by yarn)
- two colors of worsted weight yarn - less than a skein of each. The sample uses different colors for skin and pants.
- scrap of white eyelash yarn for his hairy ears (optional)
- scrap of white fun foam for his teeth
- one pair of 12 mm black craft eyes
- one pair of 6 mm black craft eyes for the nostrils
- polyester stuffing
- tapestry needle
- locking stitch markers (to count stitches and rounds)
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make items which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to help you crochet, or to do all the stuffing for you, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org