Winter Wear for the Dress Up Bunch
When the weather turns chilly, dolls need some cold weather gear to keep them toasty warm! The Winter Wear collection includes patterns for the coat, hat and boots - everything a rag doll needs to play outside in the winter.
The boots have no fussy closures. They're big enough to just smoosh the feet in there, and fitted enough so they don't fall off during play.
Please note - this pattern is just for the outfit and accessories. None of the dolls you see in the photos are included. All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting!
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for the coat, hat and boots. No need to enlarge anything!
- Detailed instructions and lots of full-color step-by-step photos. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
The coat and boots will fit everyone in the Dress Up bunch (dolls are 17 inches tall). The hat won't fit some of the non-human dolls because their heads are a different shape or their ears get in the way..
Super easy! Felt is such a breeze to work with and there are just a few pattern pieces. No separate sleeves, no facings, no hems. Easy! You don't even need to use your sewing machine!
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll need. . .
- 3 sheets of wool felt for the coat and hat (I used Babbling Brook green)
- 1 sheet of wool felt for the boots (I used Coffee)
- one 9 mm snap
- embroidery thread to match the felt
- contrasting embroidery thread for the birds (optional)
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (if you're going to embroider the bird)
- size #8 embroidery needle
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make dolls and clothing which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to machine embroider the faces, or do all the stuffing for you, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com