Bean - A Dress Up Bunch Rag Doll Pattern
What you get+-
Meet Bean - a member of The Dress Up Bunch. Bean can be a girl doll or a boy doll - any cute kid with short hair! :-)
Favorite book: Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key
Favorite food: chocolate chip cookies
Favorite activity: playing with Legos
Bean is one of The Dress Up Bunch and can share clothes with everyone else in the group. Fun! Bean has weighted hands and feet for excellent flop, arms and legs that will go in any direction for great play and easy dressability, and plenty of cuteness! Bean is also very easy to make.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- full-sized pattern for Bean and a set of play clothes (shorts and a shirt - plus a simple skirt) – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project
Please note - this pattern is just for the doll. None of the clothes you see in the photos are included, but there's a free pattern here for Play Clothes (a shirt and pair of shorts), and one here for an easy skirt.
All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
Bean is 17 inches tall from head to toe – 11 inches when sitting.
Bean is very easy to make – a great project for beginners. All the parts are nice and roomy for easy turning and stuffing, they all tuck easily inside the body for the final assembly, and there’s a nice straight back seam for turning and stuffing that’s easy to sew up by hand. If you know how to use your sewing machine you can make Bean.
What You Need+-
You'll Need. . .For Bean:
- 1/2 yard skin-colored fabric
- 1 sheet wool felt (Bean's hair is ragtime blue)
- black embroidery thread for the face
- plastic pellets (I like PolyPellets Weighted Stuffing Beads)
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 2 9mm safety eyes