Spring Fling - Reversible Doll Dress Pattern with Eggs and Basket
It's reversible! The Spring Fling pattern is two dresses in one - a bunny dress for Easter parades and egg hunts, and a chicken dress for tending her flock.
It's a reversible doll dress pattern - so there are no tedious facings or unfinished seams. Nice!
Did you know Lizzie has chickens? She has a flock of twelve hens and they lay the prettiest eggs! Of course, you also get a pattern for her egg basket, and for the eggs - plain and fancy. ;-) There are patterns for six different patterned eggs - a great way to use up small scraps of felt and odd bits of thread.
Please note - this pattern is just for the outfit and accessories. None of the dolls you see in the photos are included. All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting!
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for her dress, cat and chicken appliqués, eggs and egg basket. No need to enlarge anything!
- Detailed instructions and lots of full-color step-by-step photos. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Fits all Dress Up Bunch dolls (dolls are 17 inches tall)
Easy! No special skills needed.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll need. . .
- less than 1/4 yard of each dress fabric
- two 5/16" snaps for the shoulders or a couple of tiny bits of skinny hook & loop tape
- 1 sheet wool blend felt for the basket
- scraps of felt for the eggs
- matching embroidery thread for all felt - plus pretty colors for decorating
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (optional, but strongly recommended)
- size 8 embroidery needle
- stuffing tool
- Wonder Clips - they're amazing for holding layers of felt together, much better than pins
- Thread Magic
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make dolls and clothing which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to machine embroider the faces, or do all the stuffing for you, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org