Meet Emma Elephant!
She's always very helpful - she comes early to every party to help with the decorations!
She'd make a great birthday gift for a friend - or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.) Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy!
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Emma, her dress, her hat, and her garland. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 12-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Emma is 8 inches tall (not counting her party hat) and she stand on her flat-bottomed feet with no props or other assistance. Cool!
Easy! Much easier than it looks, and totally appropriate for beginners. It uses simple stitches and the pattern includes links to videos showing you how to do all of them. Emma the elephant softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
- One sheet of felt for Emma. I used Periwinkle.
- 1/2 sheet wool felt for the dress (Emma's is Ruby Red Slippers)
- scraps of wool felt for the hat and garland (Emma's hat is Grass Skirt. The garland is Fuchsia, Kelly Green, Peacock, Banana Cream, Lavender and Mac & Cheese)
- embroidery thread to match the felt. I used DMC #156, 600, 151, 3846, 699, 907, 741, 333 and 726)
- two 4.5 mm safety eyes
- 1 pipecleaner
- 4 American pennies or other small coins or washers
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- four 3/8" buttons
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Magic
Emma isn't the only Party Animal!
Find all the Party Animals patterns here.
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make softies which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to die cut all the felt pieces for you, or want to manufacture kits for this design, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org