What you get+-
Meet Emma Elephant!
She's always very helpful - she comes early to every party to help with the decorations!
She'd make a great birthday gift for a friend - or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.) Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy!
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Emma, her dress, her hat, and her garland. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 12-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Emma is 8 inches tall (not counting her party hat) and she stand on her flat-bottomed feet with no props or other assistance. Cool!
Easy! Much easier than it looks, and totally appropriate for beginners. It uses simple stitches and the pattern includes links to videos showing you how to do all of them. Emma the elephant softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
What You Need+-
You'll need. . .
- One sheet of felt for Emma. I used Periwinkle. You can buy the lovely wool-blend felt I use here.
- 1/2 sheet wool felt for the dress (Emma's is Ruby Red Slippers)
- scraps of wool felt for the hat and garland (Emma's hat is Grass Skirt. The garland is Fuchsia, Kelly Green, Peacock, Banana Cream, Lavender and Mac & Cheese)
- embroidery thread to match the felt. I used DMC #156, 600, 151, 3846, 699, 907, 741, 333 and 726)
- 2 4.5mm safety eyes
- 1 pipecleaner
- 4 American pennies or other small coins (only included in kits shipping outside the US)
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 4 3/8" buttons