Carlisle Crocodile| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Meet Carlisle! He's a dapper little crocodile who's pretty sure his gift is going to be the biggest one at the party. He'd make a great birthday gift for a friend - or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what that means, you can find more info here.) Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy!
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Carlisle, his hat, and his gift. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 14-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
8 inches tall (not counting his party hat)
Easy! Much easier than it looks, and totally appropriate for beginners. It uses simple stitches and the pattern includes links to videos showing you how to do all of them. Carlisle the crocodile softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
What You Need
You'll need. . .
- 1 sheet of felt for Carlisle (I used Loden. You can buy the lovely wool-blend felt I use here.)
- smaller pieces of felt for the gift, hat, collar and tie (I used banana cream, fuchsia, lavender, white and blue bayou)
- embroidery thread to match the felt (I used DMC #601, 3846, 522, 3746, 726, and white)
- 2 4.5mm safety eyes
- 1 pipecleaner
- small piece of white baby rickrack
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 4 3/8" buttons
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Heaven