Felt Blocks| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
I love blocks. And I love felt boards. They're both terrific toys for open-ended, creative play. Put them together and you get . . . The Felt Blocks. They're shaped and proportioned like classic unit blocks, but they're flat, like classic felt board pieces. Rearrange them into anything you can imagine.
They're tactile. The French knots are delightfully bumpy and the split stitch makes nice raised stripes that are interesting to touch.
They can easily be stashed in a purse or bag. They're quiet. They're beautiful. They're very easy to make.
You Get. . .
- a full-sized pattern
- a complete color and stitch guide
- links to videos teaching all the stitches I used, and
- detailed instructions for making the blocks
The largest rectangles are 2 inches x 4 inches.
Easy! The designs look complicated, but they are really just the most basic stitches repeated over and over again. And the pattern has links to videos teaching you how to do all of them!
What you need
You'll need. . .
- wool blend felt in a variety of colors
- embroidery thread in a variety of colors
- embroidery needle
You might also want. . .
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (works great for transferring patterns to felt)
- Thread Heaven