Huckleberry Horse| Add a Review
What you get
Meet Huckleberry Horse! He’s a helpful sort of guy. And tall! He helped hang up that colorful banner. :-) He’d make a great birthday gift for a friend – or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. If you're not sure what that is, there's more info here.
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Huckleberry, his shirt, overalls, party hat, and banner. No need to enlarge anything!
- A detailed pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
8 inches tall (not counting his party hat)
This one is a skill builder because I used Turkey work for his mane – and that’s a stitch that’s likely to be new to beginners. Don’t worry though! There’s a link to a video showing you how to do it. :-)
Huckleberry the horse softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
What You Need
You'll need. . .
- wool felt (1 sheet of copper, less than 1 sheet each of denim, old gold, coffee and mint leaf)
- multicolored scraps of felt for the banner
- matching embroidery thread (I used DMC #920, 336, 3820, 3371, mint leaf and white)
- two 4.5 mm safety eyes
- 8 American pennies (or other weights)
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- four 3/8″ clear buttons for joints
- two 1/4” buttons for overalls
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Heaven
Spend some pleasant handwork time making this sweet horse for someone you love.