Meet Huckleberry Horse! He’s a helpful sort of guy. And tall! He helped hang up that colorful banner. :-) He’d make a great birthday gift for a friend – or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. If you're not sure what that is, there's more info here.
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Huckleberry, his shirt, overalls, party hat, and banner. No need to enlarge anything!
- A detailed pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
8 inches tall (not counting his party hat)
This one is a skill builder because I used Turkey work for his mane – and that’s a stitch that’s likely to be new to beginners. Don’t worry though! There’s a link to a video showing you how to do it. :-)
Huckleberry the horse softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll need. . .
- wool felt (1 sheet of copper, less than 1 sheet each of denim, old gold, coffee and mint leaf)
- multicolored scraps of felt for the banner
- matching embroidery thread (I used DMC #920, 336, 3820, 3371, mint leaf and white)
- two 4.5 mm safety eyes
- 8 American pennies (or other similar sized coins or washers)
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- four 3/8″ clear buttons for joints
- two 1/4” buttons for overalls
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Magic
Huckleberry isn't the only Party Animal!
Find all the Party Animals patterns here.
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make softies which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to die cut all the felt pieces for you, or want to manufacture kits for this design, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com
Spend some pleasant handwork time making this sweet horse for someone you love.