Blake Bear - Dress Up Bunch rag doll pattern
Meet Blake! Blake is a cuddly, soft, dressable teddy bear that you can make!
Blake is one of The Dress Up Bunch and can share clothes with everyone else in the group. Fun!
This huggable bear has weighted hands and feet for excellent flop, arms and legs that will go in any direction for great play and easy dressability, and plenty of cuteness!
Blake is also very easy to make.
Please note - this pattern is just for the doll. None of the clothes you see in the photos are included, but there's a free pattern here for Play Clothes (a shirt and pair of shorts), and one here for an easy skirt.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting!
You Get. . .
- full-sized digital PDF pattern for Blake the Bear - no enlarging needed (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you can find more info here.)
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project
Blake is 17 inches tall from head to toe – 11 inches when sitting.
Blake is very easy to make – a great project for beginners. All the parts are nice and roomy for easy turning and stuffing, they all tuck easily inside the body for the final assembly, and there’s a nice straight back seam for turning and stuffing that’s easy to sew up by hand. If you know how to use your sewing machine you can make Blake.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll Need. . .
- 1/2 yard main fabric (I used cuddle fleece for an extra cuddly bear)
- scraps of fabric for Blake's muzzle and the linings of the ears (I used quilting cotton for the muzzle and satin in the ears)
- plastic pellets (I like PolyPellets Weighted Stuffing Beads)
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- two 12 mm gold safety eyes (can substitute 9 mm black eyes)
- 18 mm black triangle nose (can substitute a scrap of black wool-blend felt
- black thread for the mouth and matching thread for the doll body
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper for an easy way to sew the muzzle
- fabric glue stick
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make dolls and clothing which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to machine embroider the faces, or do all the stuffing for you, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org