Meet Rhonda Rhino! She brought a pretty balloon to the party. It's on a wrapped pipe cleaner string so it's flexible and sways in the breeze - just like a real balloon!
She'd make a great birthday gift for a friend - or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.) Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy!
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Rhonda, her dress, party hat and balloon. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 16-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Rhonda is 8 inches tall (not counting her party hat). And she stands easily on her flat feet with no props or other help. You can stand her in the middle of a table!
Easy! Much easier than it looks, and totally appropriate for beginners. It uses simple stitches and the pattern includes links to videos showing you how to do all of them. Rhonda the rhino softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll need. . .
- 1 sheet of felt for Rhonda (I used Love Bug Blue.)
- smaller pieces of felt for the dress, hat and balloon (I used Grape Jelly, Fuchsia, Grass Skirt and Blue Bayou)
- embroidery thread to match the felt (I used DMC #807, 550, 907, 601, 3846, 726 and white)
- 4.5 mm safety eyes
- 1 pipecleaner
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 8 American pennies or other small coins or washers
- four 3/8″ buttons
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Magic
Rhonda isn't the only Party Animal!
Find all the Party Animals patterns here.
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make softies which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to die cut all the felt pieces for you, or want to manufacture kits for this design, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org