Herbie Hound - felt dog softie pattern
Make this adorable dog with his ukulele - all hand sewn from felt! It's super easy. :-) It only uses a few basic stitches and the pattern includes links to videos teaching you how to do them!
He stands on his own, so he works great as a centerpiece on a table. Maybe for a birthday party!
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
- A digital PDF pattern delivered by email. Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy! (If you're not sure what a PDF is or how digital patterns work, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Herbie, his Hawaiian shirt, shorts, party hat, and ukulele. No need to enlarge anything!
- A detailed pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
8 inches tall (not counting his party hat)
Easy! He uses only a few of the most basic embroidery stitches.
The Herbie the Hound softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll need. . .
- wool felt (1 sheet of pumpkin spice, less than 1 sheet each of Tahitian sunset, banana cream, ragtime blue, black, and blue bayou)
- matching embroidery thread (I used DMC #922, 3858, 726, 823, 310, 3846, and 775)
- two 4.5 mm safety eyes
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- four 3/8″ clear buttons for joints
- three 1/4" blue buttons for the shirt
- a popsicle stick
- two 4" pipe cleaners and one 6" pipe cleaner
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Magic
Herbie isn't the only Party Animal!
Find all the Party Animals patterns here.
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make softies which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to die cut all the felt pieces for you, or want to manufacture kits for this design, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com