Leon Lion| Add a Review
What you get
Leon Lion loves to bake! He made an extra fancy cake for this party with lots of pretty swirls. He's the king of the jungle, so he wears a crown instead of a party hat like the other Party Animals.
He'd make a great birthday gift for a friend - or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
You Get. . .
- A digital PDF pattern delivered by email. Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy! (If you're not sure what a PDF is or how digital patterns work, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Leon, his clothes, his crown, and his cake. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 13-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
8 inches tall
This one's a skill builder because the Turkey work stitch I used for that shaggy mane is likely to be new to most beginners. Don't worry - it's not hard! Just a little time consuming. The pattern includes a link to a video showing how to do it. Leon the lion softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
What You Need
You'll need. . .
- 1 sheet of felt for Leon (I used Old Gold. You can buy the lovely wool-blend felt I use here.)
- smaller pieces of felt for the cake, crown, vest and pants (I used hydrangea, navy, yellow, straw and tropical wave)
- embroidery thread to match the felt (I used DMC #3371, 3820, 826, 703, 600, 498, 823, 3835, 310, 444, 745, 3858 and 996)
- 2 4.5mm safety eyes
- 1 pipecleaner
- 3 1/4" black buttons
- 1 bugle bead and 1 yellow seed bead
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 4 3/8″ buttons
Do you want the pattern and all the materials in one handy-dandy package? Choose the kit option.
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Heaven