What you get+-
Leon Lion loves to bake! He made an extra fancy cake for this party with lots of pretty swirls. He's the king of the jungle, so he wears a crown instead of a party hat like the other Party Animals.
He'd make a great birthday gift for a friend - or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
You Get. . .
- A digital PDF pattern delivered by email. Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy! (If you're not sure what a PDF is or how digital patterns work, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Leon, his clothes, his crown, and his cake. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 13-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
8 inches tall
This one's a skill builder because the Turkey work stitch I used for that shaggy mane is likely to be new to most beginners. Don't worry - it's not hard! Just a little time consuming. The pattern includes a link to a video showing how to do it. Leon the lion softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
What You Need+-
You'll need. . .
- 1 sheet of felt for Leon (I used Old Gold. You can buy the lovely wool-blend felt I use here.)
- smaller pieces of felt for the cake, crown, vest and pants (I used hydrangea, navy, yellow, straw and tropical wave)
- embroidery thread to match the felt (I used DMC #3371, 3820, 826, 703, 600, 498, 823, 3835, 310, 444, 745, 3858 and 996)
- 2 4.5mm safety eyes
- 1 pipecleaner
- 3 1/4" black buttons
- 1 bugle bead and 1 yellow seed bead
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 4 3/8″ buttons
Do you want the pattern and all the materials in one handy-dandy package? Choose the kit option.