Meet Zoey Zebra!
No - that's not a yoga mat she's carrying. She brought a game for everyone to play! It's her very favorite game in the whole world - pin the tail on the zebra! Her other favorite thing to do is ballet - can you tell by her outfit?
She'd make a great birthday gift for a friend - or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.) Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy!
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Zoey, her skirt, party hat and game. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 15-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Zoey is 8 inches tall (not counting her party hat). She stands easily on her flat feet with no props or other help. You can stand her in the middle of a table!
This one's a skill builder because the Turkey work stitch I used for her mane is likely to be new to most beginners. Don't worry - it's not hard! Just a little time consuming. The pattern includes a link to a video showing how to do it. Zoey the zebra softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll need. . .
- 1 sheet of felt for Zoey (I used Antique White.)
- smaller pieces of felt for the hat and party game (I used Blue Bayou, White, Black and random tiny bits for the tails for the game)
- embroidery thread to match the felt (I used DMC #762, 310, 3846 and 603)
- 4.5 mm safety eyes
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 8 American pennies or other small coins or washers
- four 3/8″ buttons
- 1 strip of tulle 6 inches wide and 5 feet long
- 4 1/4 inch piece of 1/8-inch elastic
- sewing thread to match the tulle
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (AKA The Magical Embroidery Stuff – optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle
- Thread Magic
Zoey isn't the only Party Animal!
Find all the Party Animals patterns here.
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make softies which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to die cut all the felt pieces for you, or want to manufacture kits for this design, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com