Spot - Dress Up Bunch Puppy Softie Pattern
I think Spot looks like a girl dog. My daughter thinks Spot looks like a boy dog. Spot can be whatever you like!
Spot is one of The Dress Up Bunch and can share clothes with everyone else in the group. Fun! They have weighted hands and feet for excellent flop, arms and legs that will go in any direction for great play and easy dressability, and plenty of cuteness! They're also very easy to make. 😁
Please note - this pattern is just for the doll. None of the clothes you see in the photos are included, but there's a free pattern here for Play Clothes (a shirt and pair of shorts), and one here for an easy skirt.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting!
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- full-sized pattern for Spot and a collar – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project
All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
Spot is 17 inches tall from head to toe – 11 inches when sitting.
Spot is very easy to make – a great project for beginners. All the parts are nice and roomy for easy turning and stuffing, they all tuck easily inside the body for the final assembly, and there’s a nice straight back seam for turning and stuffing that’s easy to sew up by hand. If you know how to use your sewing machine you can make Spot.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll Need. . .For Spot
- 1/2 yard fabric
- scraps of contrasting fabric for eye and muzzle appliqué (optional)
- scrap of felt for nose
- embroidery thread for mouth
- 9 mm safety eyes
- plastic pellets (I like PolyPellets Weighted Stuffing Beads)
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- scrap of fabric
- scrap of felt
- embroidery thread
- 9 mm snap or a small bit of Hook & Loop Tape
You might also want. . .
- a bit of Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy for the name tag on the collar
- Thread Magic
- size #8 embroidery needle
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make dolls and clothing which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to machine embroider the faces, or do all the stuffing for you, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org