Napoleon and Josephine - Elephant and Mouse Softie Pattern
Meet Napoleon and Josephine – a very large elephant and a very tiny mouse.
Do I need to tell you that the elephant is super huggable? I mean - just look at her!
She’s really easy to make – great for beginners. You can make her in a single afternoon.
And the little mouse! It’s all hand sewn from felt – a project perfect for toting around in your purse or working on while you watch TV.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
- A digital PDF file delivered instantly by email. If you're not sure what that is, there's more info here.
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make your own pair of friends – from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It’s a workshop in a pattern!
Josephine the elephant is a very huggable 10 inches tall - and just as broad. Napoleon the mouse is just under 3 inches tall. He points his nose up in the air to make himself seem taller, but it doesn’t really work. :-)
Easy! Both of them! Josephine is an easy softie pattern – nice big pieces that are easy to work with, gentle curves, nothing fussy. Napoleon is all hand-sewn, but is still not difficult. Just a bit more time-consuming.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll Need. . .
For the elephant
- 1/4 yd. cuddle or polar fleece fabric
- 2 9mm safety eyes
- plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
- polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
For the mouse
- scraps of hydrangea, white and shocking pink wool blend felt
- matching embroidery thread (DMC #3835, white and #603)
- black embroidery thread or small beads for eyes
- fiberfill stuffing
- three American pennies or similar size coins or washers
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make stuffed animals which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to do all the stuffing, or die cut the fabric pieces for you, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com