Arctic Chill Quilt Pattern| Add a Review
What You'll Get
So many adorable Arctic animals!
The pattern includes templates and instructions for fourteen different animals which you can make into a crib, nap, or twin-sized quilt. You can also use the individual block patterns on their own to embellish T-shirts, make tote bags, pillows, wall hangings, and more. You can even shinrk them down to use as embroidery patterns. :-)
YOU'LL GET. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Patterns for fourteen different animals
- Full sized applique patterns so there’s no enlarging needed
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto fusible adhesive. No tracing!
- SVG files for all applique templates - to use with cutting machines
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for crib, nap and twin sized quilts.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
- Links to videos showing the assembly of each block
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- crib (50" square)
- napping (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- twin (70" x 90")
Easy! It’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cuddly quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
What You Need
I used fabric from two different bundles for this quilt.
- My background blocks are from the Muted Rainbow fabric bundle. Rainbow Sherbet would be a nice substitute if you prefer a slightly more "icy" look.
- My animals are all in fairly realistic colors using the Warm Neutrals fabric bundle. Feel free to create animals in fantasy colors instead!
YOU'LL NEED. . .
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards total of background fabrics
- assorted prints in animal colors (get at least 1 1/2 yards in a variety of fabrics)
- 2 1/2 yards for backing (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard for binding
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards total of background fabrics
- assorted prints in animal colors (get at least 2 yards in a variety of fabrics)
- 4 yards for backing (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard for binding
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards total of background fabrics
- assorted prints in animal colors (get at least 4 yards in a variety of fabrics)
- 5 1/4 yards for backing (or 4 1/8 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard for binding
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive (if using my favorite appliqué with fusible adhesive technique) - I use Lite weight for all my quilts