Fish Quilt Pattern| Add a Review
What You'll Get
Make a cuddly quilt full of colorful fish swimming through clear blue waters.
Want even more sea creatures in your quilt? This pattern has a shark, sea turtle, jellyfish, crab and more - and it's designed to mix and match with the fish!
YOU'LL GET. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Patterns for twelve different fish - each facing both left and right so you can create your own schools.
- Full sized applique patterns so there’s no enlarging needed
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto fusible adhesive. No tracing!
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Detailed cutting instructions for crib, nap and twin sized quilts.
- Instructions for assembling the quilt – layering, basting, quilting and binding – with links to videos for all of them - including links to Quilt As You Go videos.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The blocks finish at 10" square. The pattern includes detailed instructions for the following sizes. . .
- crib (50" square)
- napping (50" x 60") - this is my favorite size for on the couch
- twin (70" x 90")
Easy! It’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this fun fish quilt.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - almost all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
Order now and get the pattern instantly!
What You Need
I used fabric from three different bundles for this quilt.
- The background blocks are Blue Batiks.
- My fish are coral reef fish made with Rainbow Brights fat quarter bundles, with some Little Stripes added for extra details. If you want to make freshwater fish, I recommend the Warm Neutrals fat quarter bundle.
- The backing is turquoise cuddle fleece.
YOU'LL NEED. . .
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards total of blue background fabrics
- assorted prints in fish colors (get at least 6 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards for backing (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard for binding
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards total of blue background fabrics
- assorted prints in fish colors (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards for backing (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard for binding
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards total of blue background fabrics
- assorted prints in fish colors (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards for backing (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard for binding
- batting (I love Warm & Natural 100% cotton batting)
- fusible adhesive (if using my favorite appliqué with fusible adhesive technique) - I recommend Lite for quilts and Featherlite for clothing
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT. . .
- freezer paper (if you choose the machine appliqué with freezer paper technique) – either a roll from the grocery store, or this printable freezer paper