Kevin Koala Applique Pattern
It's a cuddly, cute koala!
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper or fusible adhesive sheets. No shipping costs and no waiting!
With detailed instructions, step by step photos, and video tutorials, this versatile pattern is easy enough for beginners. Use it to make quilts, pillows, wall hangings, tote bags and more!
Perfect for an animal-themed nursery or kids room.
Buy any four individual block applique patterns, get the fifth free. Discount is applied automatically. Find all the individual block patterns here.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full sized applique pattern so there’s no enlarging needed
- Reversed and exploded appliqué pattern to print directly onto freezer paper or fusible adhesive. No tracing!
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Video showing how to assemble the block from start to finish.
- Links to additional videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project.
- Links to additional patterns (free ones!) for finished projects you can make using your koala pattern.
The block finishes at 10" square.
I designed this pattern to teach appliqué – so it’s great for beginners, and a fun and relaxing project for more experienced stitchers. If you can use your sewing machine, you have the skills you need to make this cute Yeti block.
I used appliqué with fusible adhesive and Quilt As You Go to make a super easy quilt - all done on the machine. The pattern also includes links to videos teaching needle turn appliqué and machine appliqué with freezer paper, in case you prefer those methods.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
For a single block you'll just need an 11" square of fabric and some scraps for the applique. You'll also need a sheet of fusible adhesive. I use Heat & Bond Lite for all my quilts.
If you're making a quilt in one of my standard sizes, here are recommended fabric amounts needed.
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 7 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
You'll find materials lists for additional quilt sizes here.
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may not use the designs in the pattern to create and sell an embroidery pattern, or acrylic templates of all the pieces in the pattern.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make pillows which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to sew those pillows, or if you want to have the design printed on fabric that you sew into pillows, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) firstname.lastname@example.org