Peekaboo Mouse Applique Pattern
Add this little mouse to any blocks in any quilt pattern. In the photos below you can see him peeking into several blocks in the Noisy Farm quilt (he's included with that pattern), but he'd also adorable added to the Cuddly Cats quilt.
Or use him on his own - it's up to you! I think he'd look awfully cute peeking out of a pocket. :-)
Important - the pattern is only for the mouse. The cat you see on the cover is not included. He's just there to help demonstrate two ways you can use the mouse with other quilt blocks - peeking into the block from the edges, or peeking out from behind a friend.
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper or fusible adhesive sheets. No shipping costs and no waiting!
Buy any four individual block applique patterns, get the fifth free. Discount is applied automatically. Find all the individual block patterns here.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Pattern for a mouse (2 1/2 inches tall).
- Full sized applique patterns so there’s no enlarging needed
- SVG file of pattern pieces for those who use cutting machines like Cricut and Silhouette.
- Reversed and exploded appliqué patterns to print directly onto fusible adhesive. No tracing!
- Detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project. It’s a workshop disguised as a pattern!
The mouse finished at about 2 1/2 inches tall. You can easily enlarge or reduce the pattern to make him bigger or smaller.
Easy! Outlining the face is a little fiddly - but there's a link to a video showing how I do it all by machine using only a basic straight stitch.
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
The mouse is small enough that you only need scraps to make him.
For a single block you'll just need an 11" square of fabric and some scraps for the applique. You'll also need a sheet of fusible adhesive. I use Heat & Bond Lite for all my quilts.
If you're making a quilt in one of my standard sizes, here are recommended fabric amounts needed.
Crib Size (50" square)
- 3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 7 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 2 1/2 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 1 1/2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Napping Size (50" x 60")
- 3 1/3 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 8 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 4 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 2 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 1/2 yard binding fabric
Twin Size (70" x 90")
- 7 yards of a variety of background fabrics
- assorted prints for the appliques (get at least 16 fat quarters, but you’ll probably want more for variety)
- 5 yards fabric for the quilt back (or 4 yards Cuddle Fleece)
- 5/8 yard binding fabric
You'll find materials lists for additional quilt sizes here.
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may not use the designs in the pattern to create and sell an embroidery pattern, or acrylic templates of all the pieces in the pattern.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make pillows which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to sew those pillows, or if you want to have the design printed on fabric that you sew into pillows, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com