What you get+-
Meet Zoey Zebra!
No - that's not a yoga mat she's carrying. She brought a game for everyone to play! It's her very favorite game in the whole world - pin the tail on the zebra! Her other favorite thing to do is ballet - can you tell by her outfit?
She'd make a great birthday gift for a friend - or a cute decoration to use at every party celebration in your family.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.) Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy!
- Full-sized pattern pieces for Zoey, her skirt, party hat and game. No need to enlarge anything!
- A 15-page pattern loaded with full-color step-by-step photos and very clear instructions. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Zoey is 8 inches tall (not counting her party hat). She stands easily on her flat feet with no props or other help. You can stand her in the middle of a table!
This one's a skill builder because the Turkey work stitch I used for her mane is likely to be new to most beginners. Don't worry - it's not hard! Just a little time consuming. The pattern includes a link to a video showing how to do it. Zoey the zebra softie pattern is really perfect for portable work – or handwork while you watch TV.
What You Need+-
You'll need. . .
- 1 sheet of felt for Zoey (I used Antique White. You can buy the lovely wool-blend felt I use here.)
- smaller pieces of felt for the hat and party game (I used Blue Bayou, White, Black and random tiny bits for the tails for the game)
- embroidery thread to match the felt (I used DMC #762, 310, 3846 and 603)
- 2 4.5mm safety eyes
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 8 American pennies or other small coins
- 4 3/8″ buttons
- 1 strip of tulle 6 inches wide and 5 feet long
- 4 1/4 inch piece of 1/8-inch elastic
- sewing thread to match the tulle