Back to School - skirt, shirt, shoes and backpack pattern
What you get+-
Lizzie is ready to go back to school!
The new pattern collection includes patterns for a kicky pleated skirt and uniform shirt.
Plus a backpack. She can't go to school without a backpack! This pink kitty backpack is inspired by the boxy ones school kids in Japan use.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- Full-sized pattern pieces for her skirt, shirt, shoes and backpack. No need to enlarge anything!
- Detailed instructions and lots of full-color step-by-step photos. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Please note - this pattern is just for the outfit and accessories. None of the dolls you see in the photos are included. All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
Fits all Dress Up Bunch dolls (dolls are 17 inches tall)
Easy! No special skills needed. Folding and pressing the pleats on the skirt takes a fair bit of time, but it's all straight lines. Not hard.
What You Need+-
You'll need. . .
- 1/2 yard fabric for the skirt
- 12 inches of 3/8" elastic for the skirt
- 1 fat quarter each of main shirt fabric and lining for the shirt
- three 5/16" snaps for the shirt or a few inches of skinny hook & loop tape
- 1 sheet wool blend felt for the shoes (I used black)
- two 5/16" snaps for the shoes
- 1 sheet wool blend felt for the backpack (I used fuchsia)
- scraps of wool felt for the kitty nose and ear linings (I used shocking pink)
- matching embroidery thread for all felt - plus black (I used DMC #601, 603 and 310)
- two 5/16" snaps for the backpack
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- size #8 embroidery needle