Bertie Bunny - a cuddly bunny pattern| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Meet Bertie! He's a fat, huggable bunny with floppy ears and great big feet. Look at those adorable toes! He wants to hop right into your lap and snuggle there a while. :-)
You Get. . .
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make your own squishy bunny – from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It’s a workshop in a pattern!
He's about 10 inches tall (not counting those lovely ears) and about 10 inches wide - an excellent size for hugging.
This one's a skill builder - but only because needle-sculpting those toes is going to be a new skill for most beginners. There's a video (of course) showing you how to do it. I think you'll be surprised by how easy it is! If you can use your sewing machine, you can make this bunny.
What You Need
You'll Need. . .
- 1/2 yd. fleece fabric (I love using Cuddle Fleece)
- embroidery thread for face ( I used black)
- 2 9mm safety eyes
- scrap of pink felt for the nose
- scraps of pink satin for ear linings
- scrap of Sulky Sticky FabriSolvy (optional)
- plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
- polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
- a doll needle (for sculpting those kissable toes)