Caterpillar Phil| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Meet Phil - the friendly caterpillar. Doesn't he have a sweet smile? All those joints between his segments allow him to bend nicely for fun play. And they use a nifty (and easy) technique! His embroidered face is safe for even the youngest babies. Add a bell or a rattle to his face segment when you stuff him for even more baby fun. Or add a rattle to his tail and turn him into a friendly rattlesnake. :-) You're the maker - you decide!
You Get. . .
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make him
He's 13 inches long (though you can easily add or subtract segments to make yours longer or shorter) and 2 3/4 inches tall - not counting the antennae.
He's very easy to make, but the nifty joint technique is going to be new to most beginners. Yay! New skills! Especially easy ones! If you can use your sewing machine, you can make this caterpillar.
What You Need
You'll Need. . .
- 1/4 yard fabric for the body
- scraps of fabric for the face and antennae
- embroidery thread for the face
- stuffing (I like Fairfield brand Soft Touch Poly-fil Supreme Fiberfill)