Dexter Dragon Softie Pattern
Meet Dexter! He’s a young dragon – very pudgy and cute and huggable. He can’t fly yet, but he’s very proud of his wings!
Make your own huggable dragon!
This is exclusively available as a PDF pattern, delivered instantly and ready to print onto letter-size paper. No shipping costs and no waiting! If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
You Get. . .
- a digital PDF pattern, delivered instantly by email. If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make your own huggable dragon – from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It’s a workshop in a pattern!
He's about 13 inches tall when sitting - an excellent size for hugging.
This one has some new skills (the shaping on the head requires some careful pinning) but I talk you through exactly what you need to know and the pattern has loads of photos. You can do it!
You can find links to sources for many of my favorite tools and supplies here.
You'll Need. . .
- 1/2 yd. fleece fabric (I used red Cuddle Minky for the main part of the body and a scrap of red chevron Cuddle Minky for his contrasting belly)
- scraps of gold tissue lame for the wings and his frill (quilting cotton also works really well - pick a fun print!)
- tiny scrap of wool felt for the nostrils (I used Strawberry Dream)
- small piece of Soft & Stable for the wing linings
- two 9mm safety eyes
- 1 cup plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
- polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
This pattern is not available for commercial resale. That means you may not copy and sell or digitally distribute the pattern or any variation of the pattern.
For example, you may not print the pattern and sell those copies.
You may, however, sell anything you make with Shiny Happy World patterns as long as you are the one making it.
For example, if you're using this pattern to make stuffed animals which you sell at a craft fair or in an online shop, that's great!
Talk to Me
If you're hiring out any part of the process, please get in touch and we'll work out a fair licensing agreement.
For example, if you want to hire someone to machine embroider the faces, or die cut the fabric pieces for you, those two scenarios would require a licensing agreement. Get in touch! I'm easy to talk to. :-) email@example.com