Emily - a Dress Up Bunch Rag Doll
What you get+-
Meet Emily! She's spunky and fun and loves to play outside. And she loves the freckles she gets from playing outside. :-) She doesn't like it when her hair gets in her face so she always wears it in braids. Last year even her bangs were too much so she cut them off completely - right at the roots! She loved it, but her Mom didn't - so now she's grown them out again. :-) Her favorite books are the Ramona Quimby series and her favorite food is a baked potato with lots of butter. Yum!
Emily can share clothes with everyone else in the Dress Up Bunch. Fun! She has weighted hands and feet for excellent flop, arms and legs that will go in any direction for great play and easy dressability, and plenty of cuteness! Emily is also very easy to make.
You Get. . .
- A PDF file delivered instantly. If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you can find more info here.
- full-sized pattern for Emily and a set of play clothes (shorts and a shirt - plus a simple skirt) – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project
Please note - this pattern is just for the doll. None of the clothes you see in the photos are included, but there's a free pattern here for Play Clothes (a shirt and pair of shorts), and one here for an easy skirt.
All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
Emily is 17 inches tall from head to toe – 11 inches when sitting.
Emily is very easy to make – a great project for beginners. All the parts are nice and roomy for easy turning and stuffing, they all tuck easily inside the body for the final assembly, and there’s a nice straight back seam for turning and stuffing that’s easy to sew up by hand. If you know how to use your sewing machine you can make Emily.
What You Need+-
You'll Need. . .For Emily:
- 1/2 yard skin-colored fabric
- 2 sheets wool felt (Emily's hair is straw)
- black embroidery thread for the face
- plastic pellets (I like PolyPellets Weighted Stuffing Beads)
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 2 9mm safety eyes