Mollie - Dress Up Bunch rag doll pattern
What you get+-
Meet Mollie! She’s an only child but she LOVES to play with other kids so you can always find her at the playground or having a sleepover. Her favorite book is I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed by Lauren Child and her favorite food is buttered toast with strawberry jam.
Mollie is one of The Dress Up Bunch and can share clothes with everyone else in the group. Fun! She has weighted hands and feet for excellent flop, arms and legs that will go in any direction for great play and easy dressability, and plenty of cuteness! Mollie is also very easy to make.
You Get. . .
- full-sized digital PDF pattern for Mollie and a set of play clothes (shorts and a shirt - plus a simple skirt) – no enlarging needed. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you can find more info here.)
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project
Please note - this pattern is just for the doll. None of the clothes you see in the photos are included, but there's a free pattern here for Play Clothes (a shirt and pair of shorts), and one here for an easy skirt.
All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
Mollie is 17 inches tall from head to toe – 11 inches when sitting.
Mollie is very easy to make – a great project for beginners. All the parts are nice and roomy for easy turning and stuffing, they all tuck easily inside the body for the final assembly, and there’s a nice straight back seam for turning and stuffing that’s easy to sew up by hand. If you know how to use your sewing machine you can make Mollie.
What You Need+-
You'll Need. . .For Mollie:
- 1/2 yard skin-colored fabric
- 1 sheet wool felt (Mollie's hair is Ragtime Blue)
- black embroidery thread for the face
- plastic pellets (I like PolyPellets Weighted Stuffing Beads)
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 2 9mm safety eyes
- less than 1/4 yard fabric each for a shirt and shorts
- 3 9mm snaps or 4 inches of 3/8-inch hook & loop tape
- 12 inches 3/8-inch elastic
You might also want. . .
- rickrack or other trim to fancy up her outfit
adorable but now my granddaughter tells me she wants a boy doll