Poppy - a Dress Up Bunch Rag Doll Pattern| Add a Review
What you get
Meet Poppy! Poppy wears her pigtails just like I did when I was a little girl - kind of crooked and sticking straight out the sides of her head :-)
Favorite book: A Wrinkle in Time
Favorite food: oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins
Favorite activity: trying to swing so high that she goes over the top bar of the swingset. She's sure she'll be able to do it someday.
Poppy is one of The Dress Up Bunch and can share clothes with everyone else in the group. Fun! She has weighted hands and feet for excellent flop, arms and legs that will go in any direction for great play and easy dressability, and plenty of cuteness! Poppy is also very easy to make.
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you'll find more info here.)
- full-sized pattern for Poppy and a set of play clothes (shorts and a shirt - plus a simple skirt) – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project
Please note - this pattern is just for the doll. None of the clothes you see in the photos are included, but there's a free pattern here for Play Clothes (a shirt and pair of shorts), and one here for an easy skirt.
All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
Poppy is 17 inches tall from head to toe – 11 inches when sitting.
Poppy is very easy to make – a great project for beginners. All the parts are nice and roomy for easy turning and stuffing, they all tuck easily inside the body for the final assembly, and there’s a nice straight back seam for turning and stuffing that’s easy to sew up by hand. If you know how to use your sewing machine you can make Poppy.
What You Need
You'll Need. . .For Poppy:
- 1/2 yard skin-colored fabric
- 1 sheet wool felt (Poppy's hair is copper)
- black embroidery thread for the face
- plastic pellets (I like PolyPellets Weighted Stuffing Beads)
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 2 9mm safety eyes
- less than 1/4 yard fabric each for a shirt and shorts
- 3 9mm snaps or 4 inches of 3/8-inch hook & loop tape
- 12 inches 3/8-inch elastic