Napoleon and Josephine - Elephant and Mouse Softie Pattern
What you get+-
Meet Napoleon and Josephine – a very large elephant and a very tiny mouse. Do I need to tell you that the elephant is super huggable? I mean - just look at her! She’s really easy to make – great for beginners. You can make her in a single afternoon. And the little mouse! It’s all hand sewn from felt – a project perfect for toting around in your purse or working on while you watch TV.
You Get. . .
- A digital PDF file delivered instantly by email. If you're not sure what that is, there's more info here.
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make your own pair of friends – from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It’s a workshop in a pattern!
Josephine the elephant is a very huggable 10 inches tall - and just as broad. Napoleon the mouse is just under 3 inches tall. He points his nose up in the air to make himself seem taller, but it doesn’t really work. :-)
Easy! Both of them! Josephine is an easy softie pattern – nice big pieces that are easy to work with, gentle curves, nothing fussy. Napoleon is all hand-sewn, but is still not difficult. Just a bit more time-consuming.
What You Need+-
You'll Need. . .
For the elephant
- 1/4 yd. cuddle or polar fleece fabric
- 2 9mm safety eyes
- plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
- polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
For the mouse
- scraps of hydrangea, white and shocking pink wool blend felt
- matching embroidery thread (DMC #3835, white and #603)
- black embroidery thread or small beads for eyes
- fiberfill stuffing
- three pennies