Bertie Bunny - a cuddly bunny pattern| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Meet Bertie! He's a fat, huggable bunny with floppy ears and great big feet. Look at those adorable toes! He wants to hop right into your lap and snuggle there a while. :-)
You Get. . .
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make your own squishy bunny – from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It’s a workshop in a pattern!
He's about 10 inches tall (not counting those lovely ears) and about 10 inches wide - an excellent size for hugging.
This one's a skill builder - but only because needle-sculpting those toes is going to be a new skill for most beginners. There's a video (of course) showing you how to do it. I think you'll be surprised by how easy it is! If you can use your sewing machine, you can make this bunny.
What You Need
You'll Need. . .
- 1/2 yd. fleece fabric (I love using Cuddle Fleece)
- embroidery thread for face ( I used black)
- 2 9mm safety eyes
- scrap of pink felt for the nose
- scraps of pink satin for ear linings
- scrap of Sulky Sticky FabriSolvy (optional)
- plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
- polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)
- a doll needle (for sculpting those kissable toes)
Don't like shopping for materials? Choose the kit option to get everything but the stuffing and the doll needle! You'll even get the face pattern pre-printed on Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy for easy stitching.