Blake Bear - Dress Up Bunch rag doll pattern| Add a Review
What you get
Meet Blake! Blake is a cuddly, soft, dressable teddy bear that you can make!
Blake is one of The Dress Up Bunch and can share clothes with everyone else in the group. Fun!
This huggable bear has weighted hands and feet for excellent flop, arms and legs that will go in any direction for great play and easy dressability, and plenty of cuteness!
Blake is also very easy to make.
You Get. . .
- full-sized digital PDF pattern for Blake the Bear - no enlarging needed (If you're not sure what a PDF pattern is, you can find more info here.)
- links to free patterns for a set of play clothes (shorts and a shirt - plus a simple skirt)
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to complete the project
Please note - this pattern is just for the doll. None of the clothes you see in the photos are included, but there's a free pattern here for Play Clothes (a shirt and pair of shorts), and one here for an easy skirt.
All the Dress Up Bunch dolls (except Mini Lizzie) can wear all of the Dress Up Bunch outfits and accessories.
Blake is 17 inches tall from head to toe – 11 inches when sitting.
Blake is very easy to make – a great project for beginners. All the parts are nice and roomy for easy turning and stuffing, they all tuck easily inside the body for the final assembly, and there’s a nice straight back seam for turning and stuffing that’s easy to sew up by hand. If you know how to use your sewing machine you can make Blake.
What You Need
You'll Need. . .For Blake:
- 1/2 yard main fabric (I used cuddle fleece for an extra cuddly bear)
- scraps of fabric for Blake's muzzle and the linings of the ears (I used quilting cotton for the muzzle and satin in the ears)
- plastic pellets (I like PolyPellets Weighted Stuffing Beads)
- polyfill stuffing (I like Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme Fiberfill)
- 2 12 mm gold safety eyes (can substitute 9 mm black eyes)
- 18 mm black triangle nose (can substitute a scrap of black wool-blend felt
- black thread for the mouth and matching thread for the doll body
- less than 1/4 yard fabric each for a shirt and shorts
- 3 9mm snaps or 4 inches of 3/8-inch hook & loop tape
- 12 inches 3/8-inch elastic