Cat's Meow - Dress Up Bunch Doll Dress, Panties and Cat Patterns| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Lizzie Loves Cats! Really, she loves all animals. But she has a very, very special feeling for her many cat friends. Once a week she volunteers at her local animal shelter. First she walks all the dogs. Then she goes into the cat room and really settles in. She plays with all the kittens and she pets all the older cats. Even the grumpy cats let her pet them because they can tell she loves them. :-) On animal shelter days, Lizzie always wears her cat dress.
Of course, Lizzie has a rescue cat at home, too. Her name is Butterscotch. :-)
The Cat's Meow collection includes patterns for the cat dress and the cat you see in that photo of Lizzie, but also for something you can't see on the cover. Panties! You can see a whole stack of them in the photos. A doll needs more than one pair of panties, you know. :-)
You Get. . .
- A digital pattern delivered by email. Print the pattern pages directly onto freezer paper or Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy!
- Full-sized pattern pieces for her dress, panties and pet kitty. No need to enlarge anything!
- Detailed instructions and lots of full-color step-by-step photos. You’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing things right.
- Links to videos teaching you all the techniques you need to know to complete the project. You can totally make this!
Fits all Dress Up Bunch dolls (dolls are 17 inches tall)
Easy! No special skills needed. Attaching the elastic to the legs of the panties might be a new skill, but it's not hard.
What You Need
You'll need. . .
- 1/4 yard each of dress and ruffle/sleeve fabrics
- less than 1/4 yard fabric for each pair of panties
- 1/4 inch elastic for the dress (10 inches)
- 1/4 inch elastic for the panties (24 inches per pair)
- 1/2 sheet (plus scraps) of wool blend felt for the cat (I used old gold for the cat and blushing bride for his inner ears)
- matching embroidery thread (I used DMC #3820, 152, and 310)
- 2 4.5mm safety eyes
- 6” pipe cleaner
You might also want. . .
- freezer paper (optional, but recommended)
- Sulky Sticky Fabri-solvy (optional, but recommended)
- size 8 embroidery needle
- ball point awl
- stuffing tool
- Wonder Clips - they're amazing for holding layers of felt together, much better than pins
Join the Club!
Want to get future Dress Up Bunch patterns automagically – and at a discount?
Members get a new doll pattern every January, and a complete outfit and accessory pattern collection every other month throughout the year. Patterns are delivered by email on the 13th of every month.
At just $7.50 a month it's a great deal! Get all the details and sign up here.