Dexter Dragon Softie Pattern| Add a Review
What you get
Please note: This pattern is a digital PDF pattern. More info here.
Meet Dexter! He’s a young dragon – very pudgy and cute and huggable. He can’t fly yet, but he’s very proud of his wings! Make your own huggable dragon!
You Get. . .
- full-sized pattern pieces – no enlarging needed
- detailed instructions and lots of step by step photos – you’ll never feel lost or wonder if you’re doing it right
- links to videos teaching you all the skills you’ll need to make your own huggable dragon – from sewing curves and stuffing, to stitching up that stuffing hole. You can totally do this! It’s a workshop in a pattern!
He's about 13 inches tall when sitting - an excellent size for hugging.
This one has some new skills (the shaping on the head requires some careful pinning) but I talk you through exactly what you need to know and the pattern has loads of photos. You can do it!
What You Need
You'll Need. . .
- 1/2 yd. fleece fabric (I used red Cuddle Minky for the main part of the body and a scrap of red chevron Cuddle Minky for his contrasting belly)
- scraps of gold tissue lame for the wings and his frill (quilting cotton also works really well - pick a fun print!)
- tiny scrap of wool felt for the nostrils (I used Strawberry Dream)
- small piece of Soft & Stable for the wing linings
- 2 9mm safety eyes
- 1 cup plastic pellets for filling (I like Fairfield Poly Pellets)
- polyester fiberfill (I love Fairfield brand Soft Touch Polyfil Supreme)